If you’re from Florida, you know we don’t always have what people call a “traditional” Christmas- but that doesn’t mean we don’t celebrate in our own amazing way! If you’re not from Florida- well maybe you should consider moving because I don’t know about you, but I am loving walking outside in shorts in the middle of December.
- We don’t always have the most traditional Christmas trees.
- But we do have traditional attire.
- It’s not abnormal to head out to the beach after presents are opened.
- Which makes our definition of a “white Christmas” a little bit different than everywhere else.
- And instead of snow angels, we make sand angels.
- Our Christmas Eve football game takes place in 80 degree weather.
- But then we have to explain to the kids how Santa gets in when there’s no chimney in the house.
- And we also have some of the most beautiful lights in the world in Saint Augustine.
- Which are stunning to view from the water (where it’s not cold!)
- And somehow we make palm trees and Christmas go together.
- If you (or your family) haven’t sent out a passive beach Christmas card- you probably aren’t real Floridians.
Merry Christmas from your Floridian Blogger!!
- View facebook.com/bohotravel’s profile on Facebook
- View twitter.com/sydney_zaruba’s profile on Twitter
- View instagram.com/the_bohotraveller’s profile on Instagram
- View pinterest.com/abohotraveller’s profile on Pinterest
- View https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN1JnS8NK_5maMkL-8jy7vw’s profile on YouTube